Tuesday 3 February 2015

fashion figures

If I want to get better at my fashion illustrations then I need to do some research to help my drawings improve..
Designers use fashion figure drawings to express their ideas on paper. Generally, each designer has a signature fashion figure they use over and over. This figure is generally lanky, with extremely long body and thin limbs.
I found this technique quite helpful..

Image:Draw Fashion Figures Step 1.jpg
Image:Draw Fashion Figures Step 2.jpg
Image:Draw Fashion Figures Step 3.jpg

there were other techniques and some inspirational drawings aswell..

Even though these are nice and perfect and all..
I like my drawings to have a difference to them.I think this started when I realised my weakness is drawing perfectly straight focused lines,and I work a lot better sketching,mostly squiggly lines.Drawings that are more abstract and fine art rather than perfectly thin shaped bodies..4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment